Biden Administration Seeks $65 Billion for Pandemic Preparedness
This week, the Biden-Harris Administration announced a new updated pandemic preparedness plan that seeks to authorize $65 billion for pandemic preparedness activities. The full plan lays out five key areas necessary to prevent the U.S. from biological threats. The Administration’s plan includes the following:
- Transforming Medical Defenses
- Ensuring Situational Awareness
- Strengthening Public Health Systems
- Building Core Capabilities
- Managing the COVID-19 Pandemic Mission
Additional information from the Biden-Harris Administration is available here.