Little Hoover Commission Releases Report on Denti-Cal Program
The Little Hoover Commission, California’s independent state oversight agency, recently released a report which reviewed the state’s Denti-Cal program and the services provided to beneficiaries. The report focused primarily on services delivered to children and found that the program has fallen short of providing dental care to millions of eligible Californians. The Little Hoover Commission outlines several challenges and opportunities facing the Denti-Cal program including:
- Low-income caregivers and adults must be better educated about dental health and Denti-Cal;
- Access to dental care must be expanded and made easier and more seamless;
- Enhanced communication between DHCS and Denti-Cal providers;
- Consistent and sustainable Denti-Cal funding; and
- DHCS must continue to improve data access that is timely, complete, and transparent and in compliance with AB 2077.
The report was delivered to Governor Brown and members of the California Legislature. The full report is available here.