Budget Spending Plans Adopted; Conference Committees Announced
After months of Subcommittee budget hearings, the full Senate and Assembly Budget Committees convened hearings to adopt their respective spending plans.
Actions consistent within both spending plans include:
- Approving $30 million from Proposition 56 (Tobacco Tax) funding for the Oral Health Program.
- Adopting the Administration’s May Revision proposal to mitigate the impact of shifting In-Home Supportive Services costs to counties.
- Rejecting the Administration’s proposal to eliminate the state-only aspects of CHDP.
- Rejecting the Administration’s proposal related to clarifying the responsibility of the CCS Medical Therapy Program for the provision of medically necessary physical and occupational therapy.
- Rejecting the proposed trailer bill restrict contracting for 340B entities.
The Budget Conference Committee – intended to reconcile differences between the two houses – is expected to begin its work on Tuesday, May 30.
The Conference Committee will be chaired by Senator Holly Mitchell (D-LA) and co-chaired by Assembly Member Philip Ting. Other members include: Senators Ricardo Lara, Richard Roth, Jim Nielsen, and John Moorlach; and Assembly Members Philip Chen, Kevin McCarty, Jay Obernolte, Shirley Weber, and Joaquin Arambula serving as the Democratic Alternate.