Repeal and Replace Bill Next Week?
Last week, a draft of the House Republican reconciliation bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act was leaked. Key components of the leaked draft include the:
- Elimination of the Prevention and Public Health Fund in FY 2018.
- Repeal of the Medicaid Expansion.
- Repeal of the individual and employer mandate.
- Creation of per capita caps for Medicaid spending for states in FY 2019.
- Deferring to states to define in essential health benefits in 2019.
- Utilization of tax credits and health savings accounts as a means for making insurance affordable.
- Elimination of Medicaid funding for planned parenthood for one year and bans federal subsidies for plans that cover abortions.
Politico compiled a helpful infographic outlining key aspects of the leaked bill.
Additionally, reports from Capitol Hill this week suggest that a House bill may be introduced as early as next week and few significant deviations from the leaked bill are expected.